Halloween is seven weeks away, and if you are planning on hosting a Halloween dinner, you should begin planning now. Here are a few good tips t o keep in mind when host a dinner party, rather it be for Halloween or anything else, following a few guidelines will ensure that your dinner party will be the talk on of the block.
- Decide if you want people to wear costume suited to your theme and let them know, well in advance so they have time to find items to complement the costume.
- Send out invites two to three weeks in advance, so people have plenty of time to R.S.V.P, once you have decided on the theme of the Halloween dinner start sending out your invites.
- Before you begin to plan for a Halloween dinner, you are going to need to make it clear to your guest if you are going to allow children or not. This will also help you to determine if you are going to want to serve alcohol at the dinner.
- Decide on a theme and go with it: today if you search on line you can find almost everything you need for any theme you desire. Buying on line can also help you to save money since many companies are willing to give discounts to people that buy online. Great Halloween dinner themes include such things such as: A mad scientist party, A haunted house or Hannibal Lecter.
- To keep the party alive, and to better set the Halloween theme you can find free music online.
Here are a few sites that offer free Halloween music. http://www.ilovewavs.com/Holidays/Halloween/Music/HalloweenMusic.htm
Look for food that will fit the theme of the party, and plan on having enough food and drink for people to have at least two servings. If you have extra, and are worried about spoilage send some home with the lingering guest.
- To prevent food poisoning, make sure that cold food stays cold and warm food stays warm.
- If you can prepare some of the food in advance do so.
- The day before the party, make sure you have enough food and soap in the bathroom for the guest that you have coming.
- The day of the party relax before your guest get there, stay out of the kitchen as much as possible.
- And the number one tip: Enjoy your party.