Ingredients are simple and few :
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups flour
- cake decors
- Place butter and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl and beat it until it soft and creamy. Add the flour slowly until well-blended. Gather the dough up with your hands into a ball and wrap it in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- When the dough is chilled and firm, Preheat your oven to 300 degrees.
- Take the dough out on a smooth surface and roll it out to about one fourth inch.
- Use cookie cutter to cut shapes of bells, birds, trees, stars, and other Christmas figures from the dough.
- Top the centers and edges of the cookies with decors or colored sugar crystals and bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and use a pancake turner to lift the cookies onto a platter or cooling rack.