As the holidays approach, you may be thinking about taking your romantic relationship to the next level and making it permanent. Take advantage of the excitement of the season and surprise her with a proposal she’ll never forget.
Personalized Christmas Ornament
If you use a personalized ornament as a prop, you’ll need to plan for the proposal far enough in advance to place your order, have it fulfilled, and pick it up or have it delivered. Your proposal ornament can have a straightforward proposal or give you an opening to get down on one knee and propose. Tuck the ornament in a protective box, nestled in tissue paper or cotton.
Suggestions for messages on the proposal ornament:
- “Will you marry me?” – You won’t have to say a word.
- “You and me forever.” – Be prepared to deliver a marriage proposal. You can also have your names engraved instead of “you” and “me.”
- “With this ring …” – Stand behind your sweetheart and be ready to get down on one knee.
Invite your sweetheart over to help decorate the tree. Prepare a romantic dinner for two or serve hors d’oeuvres and her favorite drink. Turn the lights down low and play Christmas music to set the mood. Start decorating the tree with lights and other ornaments before handing the special proposal ornament.
Under the Mistletoe Proposal
Invite your sweetheart over for a romantic holiday celebration. Hang some mistletoe in every doorway of your home and grab a kiss the moment she walks in the door. Lead her around from room to room and kiss her each time you pass beneath the mistletoe. Save the best doorway for last, where you’ve also hung an engagement ring. As soon as she spots the ring, drop to one knee and propose.
Other mistletoe proposal ideas:
- Give her a note each time you kiss beneath the mistletoe, with the last one a proposal.
- Ask her to make a wish before you kiss each time, but tell her the last wish is yours. Let her know that wish is for her to accept your proposal.
- Have a “Will you marry me” banner inside the room beyond the doorway with the mistletoe.
Invite a group of carolers to come to where you and your sweetheart are. Give them clear instructions to sing specific songs that can lead up to your proposal. When you give them the cue to stop, finish the song with a proposal at the end.
Ideas for Christmas song ending proposals:
- “We Wish You a Merry Christmas” – Finish with “I wish you a merry Christmas, will you marry me?”
- “Silent Night” – End with “Sleep in heavenly peace. Will you marry me?”
- “Let it Snow” – Finish with “But as long as you love me so, marry me, marry me, marry me.”
- “Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer” – End with “(Her name, the beautiful woman, will you marry me?”
A holiday proposal will add to your celebration for the rest of your lives together. Whether you surprise her with a personalized Christmas ornament, propose under the mistletoe or sing your proposal at the end of a Christmas carol, she’ll be delighted by your effort and creativity.