Fudge is a decadently sweet and chocolaty holiday favorite. It has a bit of a reputation for being difficult to make and tempermental. But, luckily it doesn’t take a gourmet chef to whip up a batch of this tasty and easy fudge for the holidays.
Simple Christmas Fudge Recipe
What You’ll Need
- 1 Package of Semi-Sweet Chocolate chips
- 1 Can of Sweetened Condensed Milk (14 oz)
- ¼ Cup of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips or Nuts (optional)
- ¼ Cup of Coconut Flakes (optional)
- 6 Tablespoons of Unsalted Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Parchment Paper
- 8-inch square pan
How to Make the Fudge
- Empty the package of chocolate chips into a heavy saucepan with the butter and condensed milk. Heat it slowly on low to medium heat, stirring the entire time until the
- chocolate chips are melted and the mixture is smooth. Never bring it to a boil and make sure to stir it the entire time it is melting. Do not over cook it!
- Remove it from the heat and stir in the vanilla, continuing to stir until the mixture has thickened up. Line the 8-inch square pan with parchment paper and pour the mixture into it, smoothing it out with a ladle or butter knife. Sprinkle the top with the ¼ cup of extra
- chocolate chips and coconut flakes if desired.
- Put the pan into the refrigerator for two hours until it is firm. Using the parchment
- paper, pull the fudge out of the pan and put it onto a cutting board. Slide the paper out from under it and cut it into squares.
- The fudge can be stored at room temperature, but it will be a bit softer. It can also be stored in the refrigerator if a firmer fudge is desired.
Variations to Consider
As good as fudge is, there are lots of ways to make it even tastier. Try one or more of these variations or come up with a few of your own.
- Replace either all or half of the chocolate chips with peanut butter chips.
- Use dark chocolate chips for a deeper chocolate flavor.
- Sprinkle butterscotch chips on top instead of the chocolate chips.
- Sprinkle walnuts on top and leave out the chocolate chips.
- Put mini-marshmallows on top after you spread it in the pan.
- Sprinkle mini-M&M’s on top for a colorful treat.
This fudge recipe is as quick and simple as it is tasty. It makes a great dessert for the holiday dinner. It also makes a great gift for family and friends, just a decorative tin and fill it up!
Everyone will think it took hours to make and they’ll all wonder just how it came out so perfect!