Whether you are in search of a playlist for your upcoming Halloween bash, or just looking for a mix of songs to get you in the spooky spirit, this list is sure to be just what you’re looking for.
- “Thriller” by Michael Jackson:Starting off with this one is a must. One of the greatest pop songs of all time, this zombie-themed 80’s hit will get the party started with its danceable vibe.
- “I Put a Spell on You” by Screamin’ Jay Hawkins:This song was actually meant to be a love song but at the recording producers supposedly created an impromptu party which resulted in giving the product its weird sound. It was also more recently performed by Bette Midler in the Halloween-themed witch flick “Hocus Pocus.”
3.“The Monster Mash” by Bobby “Boris” Pickett: Released as a number one hit in 1962, this monster medley broke back into the top ten in 1973. Another danceable hit, this tune will keep the party going strong.
- “Purple People Eater” by Sheb Wooley:Another blast from the past, this song tells the story of a monster who comes to earth to join a rock and roll band. He also just so happens to eat people, purple people of course!
- “Devil Went Down to Georgia” by Charlie Daniels Band:The 1979 song tells of a boy named Johnny who enters into a fiddle play-off with the Devil. If Johnny loses, the Devil gets his soul. Though it may come as a surprise, this country ballad can also be a Halloween success.
- “Theme Song from Halloween” (the movie):Now if you’re ready to really keep the celebration on track, what better song can deliver? The creepy piano medley is sure to revive some old nightmares from the horrifying slasher flick.
- “Riders on the Storm” by the Doors:The song that tells the story of a spree killer who poses as a hitchhiker and murders an entire family combined with the thunder and rain sound effects, makes for another perfect hit to scare your pants off!
- “Highway to Hell” by ACDC:This song was the opening track for the group’s 1979 “Highway to Hell” album. With speculations long being made that the members of ACDC were Satanists, it’s a given that they have a spot on the list.
- “Addams Groove” by MC Hammer:Featured in the 1991 movie, “The Addams Family,” this song is a version of the original theme song and no one will be able to resist doing the finger snaps!
- “Ghostbusters” by Ray Parker, Jr.:The theme song for the film of the same name, this song reached number one on the charts in its day. There are many variations of the song available to choose from, even a version covered by Alvin and the Chipmunks! No matter which version you choose, everyone will cheer as soon as they hear “Who you gonna call?”
So there you have it. Now grab some decorations, food, and a dance floor, and you’re ready to party, Halloween style. Or, just pop this playlist into your CD player for a party of your very own while you’re on the way to work!