And a Few Hints at Picking the Perfect Songs for Your Halloween Event!
Everyone loves a good Halloween party. Picking the right music can sometimes be a little tricky. Remember to mix up the night with both scary music and music that is fun to dance to! You also can’t forget the sound effects–the witch cackling, the squeaky door, and the screams–to add the finishing touches to your Halloween experience.
Here are the Top 10 Halloween picks.
- The Twilight Zone Theme Song–You can’t go wrong with a little Twilight Zone action. It’s creepy enough without being too scary.
- This is Halloween (from The Nightmare Before Christmas)–In case anyone forgot what day it was, this song will be sure to remind them. This song from Tim Burton’s Nightmare Before Christmas is fun and great to use at a party with kids.
- Devil Went Down to Georgia–The Devil Went Down to Georgia is a classic Charlie Daniels song. The only real link to Halloween is that it is about a devil, but it is so fun to dance to, that I couldn’t leave it off the list. People of all ages can enjoy the foot stompin’ melody.
- Purple People Eater–This Sheb Wooley tune is perfect for sing-a-longs, and it great for kids to do hand motions to.
- Ghostbusters Theme–Ghostbusters is a great Halloween time movie, and the theme song is great for the season, too.
- Addams Family Theme–Another great song for sing-a-longs, you can’t go Halloween without singing the Addams Family theme song. If you are having a party, you should consider giving prizes to anyone who actually knows all of the words.
- Monster Mash–If you don’t know this Bobby “Boris” Pickett classic, you need to hop onto iTunes immediately. This song is perfect for costume parties.
- O Fortuna–You may not recognize the title of this piece by Carl Orff, but chances are you have herd it on commercials or in movies. It is a perfect “scary” song. I was babysitting a six-year-old boy once who wanted to listen to scary music. I put this in, and he loved it!
- Toccata and Fuge in D Minor–This piece by Bach is definitely a Halloween staple. You may not know the title, but you have definitely heard the song–it’s the one with the heavy, creepy organ. Often associated with vampires, you can’t go wrong with this very creepy classic!
- Thriller–Yes, Michael Jackson’s Thriller is probably the ultimate Halloween song. It’s got your foot stomping tune, great dance moves, creepy sound effects, and zombies. What more could you ask for?
When it comes to Halloween, remember to have fun. It’s easy to find a good mix of creepy and fun music. And don’t forget all those great sound effects you can add in, too!