After much searching I have compiled a list of what I believe to be the top 10 Halloween songs of all time. It was very hard to limit my list to only 10, so I tried to choose the best of the best.
- Thriller by Michael Jackson – Who doesn’t love this song? Anyone who grew up listening to Michael Jackson HAS to love this song! It’s an all time classic. If you haven’t seen the video then you must be from another planet.
I can remember trying to do the dance.
- Monster Mash by Bobby Pickett – This song is just so much fun! Everyone out there remembers dancing to it at a party at least once in their lifetime.
- Purple People Eater by Sheb Wooley – Yet another song that everyone knows. Even as an adult it makes me giggle a little.
- Black Magic Woman by Santana – even if it’s not Halloween this is just a great slow song.
- Love Potion Number Nine by Searchers – I bet you’re singing part of it in your head right now aren’t you?
- Theme from Nightmare on Elm Street – This was very scary as a child to hear. I still remember singing, ” One, two Freddy’s coming for you…”
- Theme from Halloween – Yet another creepy song.
- Devil Went Down To Georgia by Charlie Daniels Band – Everyone knows this song. One of the very very few songs that sound good with a fiddle in it. I sure couldn’t play that if I tried.
- Time Warp from Rocky Horror Picture Show – Here’s one from a cult classic movie. It’s hilarious to watch the dance that goes with it in the movie. I could never keep up.
- Adams Family Theme Song – Come on, you know you want to snap your fingers!