Halloween is a great time for kids to use their imagination and enjoy a holiday filled with fantasy and family-fun fright! Get your children into the “spooky” spirit with a great Halloween movie! Here are the top 5 kid friendly Halloween movies – so grab the popcorn, dust off the couch, and get ready for a night of fun and entertainment with these hits!
- It’s the great pumpkin, Charlie Brown: This is the classic tale of Charlie Brown and his friends. Linus swears that there is a Great Pumpkin which comes on Halloween with his bag of treats for all of the good little boys and girls. No one believes him, so Linus decides to wait things out in the pumpkin patch for him to appear. Meanwhile, Charlie Brown is invited to a traditional Halloween party with his friends.
DVD runs 25 minutes long. Movie is not rated. This DVD can be purchased in stores such as Wal-Mart at a retail of $9.99. It is often to find this movie on sale however for $7.00 and under.
- Hocus Pocus: This is a great Halloween movie with comedy and suspense! Three witches return after many years to bring havoc to the world. They wish to remain young and beautiful forever . . . and that means they must find children to complete their spell! This all must be done before the dawns first light after Halloween night. Lucky for the world, there are three young adventurers – and one brave cat that will stop at nothing to ensure the witches do not succeed.
DVD runs 96 minutes long. Movie is rated PG. This DVD retails for $14.99 but can be found for $10.00 and under at shops such as Target and Wal-Mart.
- The Nightmare Before Christmas: This Halloween adventure will take you into a world full of magical happenings. Jack the Pumpkin King, lives in Halloween world where every day of the world is filled with spooky frights. But he longs for something different, more adventure. As he stumbles into the forest of holidays he falls into Christmas world where a whole new door opens. Can his friends convince him that it’s wrong to meddle in this new obsession he has for Christmas? Will Halloween be the same without the great Jack? Find out what happens in this great holiday movie!
DVD runs 76 minutes long. Movie is rated PG.
- Pooh’s Heffalump Halloween Movie: Join Pooh and his friends in the 100 Acre Wood in this Halloween adventure! It’s Lumpy’s first time going trick-or-treating. There is a rumor that a monster named the Gobloon hunts trick or treaters on Halloween, and if he catches you he will change you into a lantern! This frightens Lumpy until he hears the other side of the story – If they are able to catch the Gabloon first, they can make a wish. Join them on their journey to catch the Gabloon!
DVD runs 66 minutes long. Movie is rated G. This DVD retails for $19.99 but can commonly be found at stores such as Wal-Mart for $15.00 and under.
- Halloweentown: This movie was such a hit that Disney decided to turn it into a movie series of four. I will brief only the first one, since it is a great feel-good Halloween movie. The story takes place when two siblings grandmother comes for a visit. The reason for her visit is because Marnie; her granddaughter, is about to turn thirteen. If she does not learn appropriate witch training before her birthday, she will lose her powers completely. On top of that, she also could use some help – there is an evil presence growing stronger in Halloween town. Can Marnie learn her training in time to help save Halloweentown? Check it out for yourself!
DVD runs 84 minutes long. Movie is rated PG.