Children of all ages will enjoy creating this wonderful Christmas craft. Kids will learn the value of giving instead of receiving as they make this homemade Christmas present for their family and friends.
Because the Christmas craft involves the use of paint, old clothes and old newspapers are strongly suggested.
Angel T-shirt Christmas Craft
This angelic kids craft is a perfect homemade Christmas present for moms and grandmas.
Angel T-shirt Christmas Craft Supplies
- red or green appropriately sized t-shirt
- washable white acrylic or t-shirt paint
- white loose glitter
- paper plates
- gold glitter glue
- paper towel of baby wipes for easy clean up
Angel T-shirt Christmas Craft Directions
- Spread out newspapers over work area. Pour the white paint into a paper plate. Place an additional paper plate centered between the front and back of the t-shirt. This plate protects the paint from leaking from the front to the back of the shirt.
- This step should be completed one hand at a time. The child’s hand should be placed palm down in the white paint. Make sure the entire palm is covered in the paint. The thumb is the angels face and body. The fingers are her wings.
- The thumbs should be extended out normally while the fingers should touch. Press the hand firmly on the t-shirt where the paper plate is. The thumbs should point up toward the collar with the fingers extended out to the side. Repeat steps two and three with the other hand. This thumb should lie evenly on top of the first thumb. While the paint is wet, sprinkle glitter all over the fingers to make the wings sparkle! Allow the shirt to completely dry before completing it.
- Once it has dried, kids can use different color paints to add details such as hair and facial features.
- The gold glitter glue will be used to create a halo and a dress. For the halo, the kids should draw a circle above the angel’s head. The easiest way to add the angel’s dress is to use the glitter glue to draw a triangle shape from under the angels head down past the bottom of the wings and color it in.
- Do not forget to add the child’s name and the year to the shirt.
This t-shirt can capture the tiny hands of babies as well. This holiday craft is a wonderful way to create a keepsake for a baby’s first Christmas. Their little feet can be captured too! Christmas crafts are perfect for creating homemade gifts, decorations, and having lots of holiday fun!