Wisconsin Dells is the place for family fun on January 16-18, 2019, when the annual Flake Out Festival takes place. The Flake Out Festival is one of the Midwest’s largest winter festivals and is Wisconsin’s only state sanctioned snow sculpting competition.
Flake Out Festival
The Flake Out Festival is an annual winter event in the Wisconsin Dells.The highlight of this family friendly event is the snow sculpting competition, with works of art carved out of the snow.
Spectators will be invited to vote for their favorite snow sculptures in the People’s Choice ballots.. All ballots must be submitted by 8 am on Sunday morning. The Wisconsin State Snow Sculpting Competition Awards will be presented at noon on Sunday. The winner of the Flake Out snow sculpting competition will go to the U.S. National Snow Sculpting Competition
Flake Out Festival Events
In addition to snow sculpting, there will be events to entertain the family,
- Arts and Crafts Marketplace -The Flake Out Festival Arts & Crafts Marketplace is a market of artisans offering candles, toiletries, fiber art, food and food preparation, glass art, metal art, painting and drawing, photography, precious metal jewelry, primitives, semi-precious jewelry, knit crafts and wooden crafts.
- Kids Craft Corner
- Horse Drawn Wagon Rides
- Pony Rides
- Blacksmith Demonstrations
- Funny Bone Productions with face painting and balloon animals.
- Ice Carving Demonstration
- Flake Out Festival Party on both evenings – On Saturday night the party features “the Groove Hogs: and on Saturday night the party features Bear Creek Band.
- Fireworks on Saturday night.
Flake Out Festival is on January 16, 17 & 18 at the Wisconsin Dells Festivals Site. Admission and Parking are free.
Wisconsin Dells is one of most popular vacation destinations in the Midwest. The natural beauty of the Wisconsin River, Dells, rock formations and forested area is stunning. In addition to the natural beauty of the dells are the manmade attractions, family activities and fun for kids and adults. The Wisconsin Dells is called “The Waterpark Capitol of the World.”
Wisconsin Dells driving distances from Mapquest
- Madison, WI 46 miles
- Dubuque, IA 120 miles
- Milwaukee, WI 124 miles
- Chicago, IL 195 miles
- Minneapolis, MN 216 miles
There are several hotels and restaurants in the Wisconsin Dells, making it a terrific place for a overnight or weekend stay.