Funny Halloween costumes make everyone smile and clever outfits based around female pop groups can be used throughout the year, not just during the scary season. Choose a well known band from the past or present to make an entrance as a group of 3, 4 or 5 women. Members of the opposite sex may also want to use these ideas as suggestions for dressing up in drag!
Amusing Halloween Costumes for Women
Here are some innovative ideas on fancy dress costumes for Halloween or any other time of year based around female pop groups.
- Spice Girls – perfect for a group of 5 women. Pick a favorite spice girl character whether Scary, Baby, Posh, Ginger or Sporty spice. Make a costume out of thin cardboard curved around the body to imitate a spice jar adding soft foam at the top to serve as the lid of the jar. Add funny labels to the outfit to suit each spice girl character along the lines of “use ginger spice with caution.” Add a wig and appropriate make-up to complete these Halloween costumes which are sure to win a prize if entered into a best Halloween outfit competition.
- Supremes – great for old fashioned glam and perfect for African American girls. Simply buy, beg, borrow or steal some big black wigs, squeeze into a skin-tight sequined dress, don some high heels and prepare to sing!
- Sugarbabes – the more modern version of a female trio, this one is great for teens and adults. Wear sexy clothing to imitate each band member and add some cosmetic contact lenses to make eyes look spooky.
Funny Halloween Costume Ideas for Larger Groups
Dressing up to look like a famous female pop group can limit the number of outfits depending on the size of the band. A different approach is for one member of the group to wear a Halloween costume in the guise of a big star and for the rest of the party to go as the support band. Consider these favorite stars:
- Madonna – Her trade-mark pointed breasts and skimpy outfits are easy to imitate with a blond wig and the right clothing.
- Duffy – Welsh pop icon Duffy looks like the girl next-door but can turn into a vampire with the right make-up and tight dress.
- Lilley Allen – Great for young teens, her innocence fits perfectly with the scary season.
- Christina Aguilera – This pop star is famous both for her looks and her sexy outfits. Her style can be turned into a vampire look effortlessly.
- Beyoncé – Add some crazy contact lenses, a long black wig and a practice some dance moves.
Halloween Outfit Ideas for Women and Men
Stuck for finding a group of female friends this Halloween? Just pick an iconic band like Abba to imitate with a mix of men and women. Go to the nearest charity shop or thrift store to find some platform boots. Buy a wig, a sequined top, tight pants and practice singing Mamma Mia! Abba costumes work well all year round so it’s worth spending time and money on finding just the right fancy dress outfit this Halloween.
The best Halloween costumes don’t need to be really scary as dressing up as a group of women (or men!) can be very funny for both participants and onlookers