Remember the days when Halloween was all about the candy? Okay, sure, we still eat all those little treats that come out for Halloween. But, what if adults could enjoy treats that were gourmet? Wouldn’t you love to sit down to a Halloween treat that was created more for the adult palate? Well, say goodbye to those boring bags of candy corn and hello to gourmet Halloween treats.
First of all, think of fun ways to add a Halloween theme to simple adult treats. For example, make a big pitcher of apple martinis and add gummy worms and dry ice to create a fun and creepy cocktail. Another fun idea is to take truffles and flavor white chocolate coating with candy corn flavoring. It’s an unexpected, yet delicious way for adults to celebrate Halloween.
Of course, what would an article like this be without a couple recipes to get your creative juices flowing? These gourmet Halloween treats are easy, but sure to be a big hit at Halloween parties.
Dark Graveyard Apples
6 large Granny Smith apples
2 bags of caramels, unwrapped
6 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
1 bag of gummy worms
1 box of chocolate cookie wafers, crushed
6 gummy tarantulas
6 gummy rats
- Melt the caramels according to the package directions.
2. Allow the caramel to set before dipping the apples into the chocolate.
3. Stick some of the gummy worms on each apple while the chocolate is still wet.
4. Sprinkle the apples with cookie crumbs.
5. Place the apples on a dessert platter and then randomly place the tarantulas and gummy rats on the plate, draping them over the apples.
1 pound of strawberries, cleaned
12 ounces of white chocolate chips
4 tablespoons of shortening, divided
Orange food coloring
6 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Melt the white chocolate with two tablespoons of the shortening and add food coloring.
2. Dip the strawberries in the orange white chocolate and refrigerate until set.
3. Melt the semi-sweet chips with the remaining shortening and place into a small piping bag.
4. Use the piping bag to make faces on the strawberries.
Gourmet Halloween treats don’t have to be complicated to be tasty. These are treats that are perfect for an adult Halloween party. Best of all, these are the perfect starting point. Get in the kitchen and get creative with some of your own gourmet Halloween treats.