Halloween costumes for introverts could go either way: you could choose a “trick or treat” costume that totally hides your personality and body, or you could choose a Halloween costume that allows you to be someone you’re not!
Introverted Personality Traits
Introverts don’t usually enjoy being the center of attention or in the spotlight at a party. Part of an introvert’s personality characteristics includes the tendency to lose energy when in groups of people. Basically, introverts feel drained by other people.
An introvert’s personality traits can make Halloween either the best or the worst celebration of the year – depending on the “trick or treat” mask an introvert chooses. For instance, an introvert can choose a Halloween costume that totally hides him or her. Or, an introvert can choose a mask that frees him or her to be a completely different person!
Halloween Costumes for Introverts Who Want to Avoid the Spotlight
If you prefer a Halloween costume for shy people who want to hide, consider these options:
- The Joker – this costume includes a full face mask, a bulky purple suit jacket, and a green vest.
- Zorro – gather your sword, mask, and black hat, and you’ll double as the “masked man” or “masked woman.”
- A mascot or full-body animal costume – this is a great Halloween costume for introverts who want to avoid the spotlight, because most mascot costumes totally cover the head and body.
Halloween Costumes for Introverts Who Want to Explore New Personality Traits
If you prefer a Halloween costume that allows you to come out of your shell and explore more extroverted personality traits, consider these “trick or treat” masks:
- Moulin Rouge or Burlesque Dancer – if you go a la Nicole Kidman in the movie Moulin Rouge, you can explore new personality traits. Perhaps you’ve always wanted to be in the spotlight at a party, and if you dress in a “typical” extrovert’s Halloween costume, you could let yourself explore new personality traits.
- The Trendy “Wardrobe Malfunction” Costume – this trendy Halloween costume for women comes with a huge naked boob popping out of a dress or blouse. This is definitely not a Halloween costume for introverts who want to avoid the spotlight!
Halloween Costumes for Introverts Who Want to Masquerade as Other Introverts
Perhaps you’re an introvert (or extrovert) who’d like a Halloween costume that represents a famous introverted character. Here are some fictional and real options:
- Edward Scissorhands – this character from the movie Edward Scissorhands is a classic Halloween costume for introverts, because Edward himself is such an introvert!
- Albert Einstein – definitely wasn’t a social butterfly, so dressing up as Einstein may be the ideal “trick or treat” mask for introverts. You can let your shy nature shine through while you stay in character.
- Woody Allen or Diane Keaton – both movie stars are stereotyped as neurotic, introverted personalities. If you’re married or in a relationship with another introvert, the two of you could dress up as these characters and avoid the spotlight together.