Creating your own beautiful and edible Thanksgiving Day centerpiece is guaranteed to set off your table with a festive and delicious flair, that will have your friends and family convinced you spent a fortune on it.
Supplies Needed to Create an Edible Centerpiece
- A good sized vase or similar container with a wide mouth
- A square of green floral foam
- Thin wooden barbeque sticks
Fruit and Other Ingredients Needed to Create an Edible Centerpiece
- Fresh parsley and or mint leaves
- Dipping Chocolate(Optional)
- Canned pineapple slices
- 1 orange peeled and pulled apart into natural wedges
- 1 honeydew melon (frozen melon balls is fine if fresh is unavailable)
- 1 cantaloupe (frozen is fine if fresh is unavailable)
- Fresh strawberries, grapes, apples, blueberries, and any other assorted fruits that can be slid onto a wooden stick
Directions for Creating Your Beautiful and Delicious Edible Table Arrangement
- Cut florist foam to fit and place it in the bottom of your chosen container. Lay a healthy layer of fresh parsley and mint on top of the foam, allowing it to hang freely over the sides.
- Cut apples and fresh melons into wedges, if you’re using frozen melon balls allow them to thaw completely. Dip half of a few apple wedges or strawberries into dipping chocolate, place on wax paper until set.
- Slide set chocolate covered fruit, melon slices or balls, and assorted fruit of choice onto wooden sticks and toothpicks, leaving enough empty wooden stick at the bottom to slide firmly into florist foam.
- Take several wooden sticks and slide a grape or melon ball onto it, then lay the open hole of your sliced pineapple on top and add a strawberry, grape, or other roundish fruit on the top to hold pineapple slice in place. The pineapple should look similar to a flower when finished.
- Arrange the wooden sticks with fruit on them in an eye pleasing way, being sure to completely cover the green florist foam. Fruit on toothpicks can be used to fill in areas or spaces that longer sticks do not cover.
- Be creative. Dip some of the assorted fruit slices into granulated sugar or a cinnamon and sugar mixture. Use small metal cookie cutters to cut festive shapes into melons or other suitable fruit. (Optional) Add colored cookie sprinkles over the top of your finished arrangement for a splash of extra color. Adding a sprinkling of crushed assorted nuts also makes a great embellishment for your edible arrangement. Hint: brushing a small amount of honey in strategic places will help nuts to adhere to fruit.
Edible Arrangements are a Festive Way to Decorate Your Thanksgiving Table
Making your own edible centerpiece for the holiday is a healthy, fun, and festive way to decorate any table. Choose fruit you like and let your creative juices flow while you create an edible masterpiece that is guaranteed to please everyone.