Imagine a brightly colored Christmas wreath made up entirely of candies!
A holiday candy wreath is a unique and eye-grabbing home decoration, offering up goodies that family and guests can sample over the holidays.
Materials for a Christmas Candy Wreath
- A wire wreath ring or a wire coat hanger that has been untwisted and fashioned into a circle, with the ends intertwined and taped to guard against sharp edges.
- A hole punch
- Brightly colored thin ribbon
- An assortment of cellophane wrapped Christmas candies
How to Make a Christmas Candy Wreath
- Assemble all the candies and using a hole punch, punch a hole in one end of the cellophane wrappers.
- Separate candies, according to color, so that when they are tied onto the wreath ring, the colors can be alternated.
- Cut ribbon into 8″-10″ lengths. Thread candy onto the ribbon and tie ribbon ends to form a loop. Pass the loop under the wreath wire, holding onto the candies. Bring the loop up and pass candy through the opening, up and over to attach to the wreath.
- Continue adding candies and fixing them onto the wreath ring until the wreath is completely covered in candies.
- Add other edible ornaments such as candy canes or lollipops to decorate and finish the Christmas candy wreath.
What Candies Can be Used to Make a Candy Wreath?
- Christmas peppermints are a good candy choice for decorating wreaths because these come in the traditional red and green colors.
- An especially nice touch is the addition of milk chocolate presents. These small foil-wrapped chocolates resemble Christmas presents dressed up in wrapping paper with a bow on top.
- Edible gingerbread house candy comes with loops that can be tied to the wreath.
- Looped chocolate Santa ornaments can also be affixed to the Christmas candy wreath.
- An assortment of Christmas lollipops can be tied or inserted into the completed wreath.
- Candy canes can be used to finish off the candy wreath.
Make sure to hang the finished Christmas candy wreath in a high traffic area of the home so that the goodies can be seen and easily sampled.
Ideas for Candy Wreaths
- Start a new Christmas tradition by making a Christmas candy wreath each year.
- Make smaller candy wreaths to give out to family and friends.
- Donate a Christmas candy wreath to a senior’s home.
- If you are holding a Christmas party, raffle off the candy wreath and donate the proceeds to charity.
A Christmas candy wreath is pleasing to both sight and senses. After all, what could be better than an attractive Christmas decoration that is edible?