Appetizers are a great choice to start any meal. However, you don’t want your guests to be bellyful before the main course. Therefore, you may want to think about some light recipes to tease their appetite, until steak and dessert.
Try these simple and healthy appetizers suggestions. Cooking the following courses will only take one hour. Here are the ingredients and recipes you need.
Tomatoes with cheese cream
- 8 fresh tomatoes
- 0.66lb/300g of sweet cheese
- 0.33lb/150g of light yogurt
- fresh dill
- salt and pepper
- Wash the tomatoes. Cut them in half and remove the stems. Gently scoop the seeds out, using a teaspoon. Be careful not to remove all the pulp. Finally, you should have 16 tomato shells, which you will fill with cheese cream.
- Put the sweet cheese and yogurt into a small bowl. Add fresh chopped dill, rosemary, salt to your taste, and a pinch of pepper. Mix all the ingredients together until well blended.
- Stuff each tomato shell with cheese cream, using a teaspoon.
Tip: You can use any cheese. However, if it isn’t sweet cheese you shouldn’t add salt.
Potatoes salad with light yogurt and mustard dressing
Ingredients for salad
- 15 medium sized potatoes
- 1 chicken breast
- 5-7 pickled cucumbers
- 0.33lb/150 g of light yogurt
- You don’t have to peel the potatoes. Wash them well and put them into a pot with enough water to cover the potatoes.
- Bring the potatoes to boiling temperature and let them boil for 30 minutes. Take a fork and sting one potato to see if it is soft enough. If the fork enters easily, it means your potatoes are boiled.
- Drain the hot water and let the potatoes chill.
- Meanwhile, wash the chicken breast and put it into a pot with enough water to cover it. Bring it to boiling temperature, at medium heat. Watch carefully and remove the foam on the surface of the water. The chicken breast should be ready in about 30 – 40 minutes. Turn the heat down and drain the hot water.
- Peel the boiled potatoes and dice them. Slice the chicken breast into thin strips. Dice the pickled cucumbers. Put all the ingredients into a large bowl. Add salt and yogurt, and mix them gently. Otherwise, you will smash the potatoes.
Ingredients for mustard dressing
- 1 spoon of Dijon mustard
- 2 spoons of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 5 spoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of grinded black pepper
Mix all the ingredients together into a small bowl.
Grilled vegetables on skewers
- 0.88lb/400g of green, red and yellow peppers
- 0.88lb/400g of zucchinis
- 2 red onions
- cherry tomatoes
- Preheat the grill for medium heat.
- Wash the vegetables. Cut the peppers on half. Remove the seeds and stems. Slice them into squares. Peel the zucchinis, slice them, and cut them into small squares. Peel the onions, remove the ends, and cut them into quarters.
- Thread the sliced peppers, tomatoes, zucchinis, and onions on the skewers. Season the vegetables with slat and pepper to your taste. Add a dash of olive oil, so they don’t stick to the grill. If you have metal skewers, you should clean and oil them. Wooden skewers must be soaked in water, to prevent fire.
- Cook for 20 minutes, until vegetables become tender.
Tip: Serve grilled vegetables with focaccia bread and goat cheese, or tzatziki sauce.