St. Albert’s 2018 Snowflake Festival is a traditional Christmas celebration that will get the entire family lit up with excitement for the Christmas season.
The 2018 Christmas season is full of magical events to inspire excitement in the hearts of children. Few things are more exciting than a town square Christmas tree light-up festival. If it is a traditional Christmas celebration with carols, sleigh rides and reindeer you are looking for, St. Albert’s 2018 Snowflake Festival is sure to please.
St. Albert’s 2018 Snowflake Festival
Where: St. Albert’s Perron District (downtown).
When: November 25th from 6:30 – 9 p.m.
Festival Events at St. Albert’s Community Hall (17 Perron St.)
- St. Albert’s tree-lighting ceremony will take place outside the community hall at 6:30 p.m.
- There will be ice sculptures.
- The community hall will be hosting cookie decorating, a coloring contest, and a gift from Santa.
Festival Events at St. Albert Place (5 St. Anne St.)
Do not let the cold weather keep you away. There are lots of great events taking place inside St. Albert Place.
- Christmas films hosted by the Grandin Theatres will be shown at 6:45, 7:15, 8:15 and 8:45 p.m.
- The City of St. Albert will be hosting a 3D glitter snowflake craft for the kids in the multi-craft studio.
- Storytelling around the Christmas tree is hosted by the St. Albert Public Library and will take place at 6:30, 7:00, 7:30 and 8:00 p.m.
- A flame performer will be performing the ‘Reign of Fire’ show at 7:00, 7:45 and 8:30 p.m.
- Christmas music with bronze handbells will be performed.
Festival Events along Perron, St. Thomas and St. Michael’s Street
- Businesses along Perron Street will be open.
- The 10th annual Fill-a-Bus campaign will be taking place. Remember to bring a food bank donation.
- A fire truck will be open to the public.
- There will be horse and wagon rides throughout the Perron District.
- There will be live reindeer.
- There is a children’s holiday art workshop at the Satellite Studio in the Art Gallery of St. Albert.
- Christmas carols will be performed by the St. Albert Singers Guild.
- There will, of course, be free hot chocolate.
- Face painting will take place in the Perron courtyard.
Whether or not you are a resident of St. Albert, come on out and experience a traditional Christmas celebration with a small-town feel and big-city flare. The 2018 Snowflake Festival is a great way to get the whole family excited about the Christmas season.