Christmas has carols, Valentine’s has love songs, and even Halloween has ‘The Monster Mash’ – but what about Thanksgiving? This important holiday is not just about gorging on turkey – it’s about enjoying family and giving thanks for all of life’s blessings. So create a festive atmosphere with a specially created Thanksgiving playlist filled with songs about food, family, and giving thanks.
Start the Festivities with Thanksgiving Songs
- “My Thanksgiving” by Don Henley: This soft rock song encourages listeners to examine their lives and give thanks.
- “Thanksgiving” by Poi Dog Pondering: This Thanksgiving song suggests that mistakes and life pains sometimes turn out for the best.
- “Thanksgiving Theme” by Vince Gualradi Trio: Made for A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving this instrumental song will have everyone thinking fondly of Thanksgiving.
- “Turkey Lurkey Time” from Promises, Promises: Originally sung in the 1960’s Broadway musical Promises, Promises this song will have everyone looking forward to Christmas.
- “Turkey in the Straw”: This classic American folk song is fun for adults and children alike.
Get in a Thanksgiving Mood with Songs About Thanking
- “I’ve Got Plenty to Be Thankful For” by Bing Crosby: Despite not having much this smooth crooner knows to be thankful.
- “Be Thankful” by Natalie Cole: This song reminds everyone to be thankful for all they’ve got despite life’s hardships.
- “Thank Heaven for Little Girls” by Maurice Chevalier: Originally from the musical GiGi this song reminds everyone to appreciate young ones as they grow up awfully fast.
- “Thank you for the Music” by ABBA: When listing all the things there are to be grateful for don’t forget music.
- “Thank you” by Dido: This popular song from 1999 shows how one person can make a bad day good.
More Songs For Thanksgiving
- “Just Eat It” by Weird Al Yankovic: If everyone’s honest, a large part of Thanksgiving is the meal. Sung to Michael Jackson’s ‘Beat It’ this fun song celebrates the joys of eating.
- “Gravy (on my Mashed Potatoes)” by Dee Dee Sharp: Get everyone ready for Thanksgiving dinner with this fun 1960’s classic.
- “Sweet Potato Pie” by James Taylor: Yes the sweet potato pie actually refers to a girl but why not enjoy a slice of pie while listening to the song?
- “We are Family” by Sister Sledge: Thanksgiving Day is about bringing family together. Remind everyone how fun it is to get the family together with this fun hit.
- “Happy Together” by The Turtles: Another excellent Thanksgiving song to remind everyone how wonderful it is to bring family together.