Hair-raising Anthems for Halloween Fun
If you are planning a Halloween party, need a soundtrack for your trick-or-treaters, or just want to get in the spooky spirit of Halloween, be sure to include these songs for a complete gruesome and ghoulish good time!
- Thriller- Michael Jackson-Thriller is the essential Halloween partysong. The late-great-King-of- Pop, Michael Jackson, was at the pinnacle of his career when he released Thriller in 1983. The song is perfect for your Halloween party since it provides a great dance beat, and fantastic creepiness. It even has a voice-over by super Make sure you learn the “Thriller dance” before your party, so you can impress your guests!
- Ghostbusters- Ray Parker, Jr.– When there’s something strange in your neighborhood, you better call the Ghostbusters! This song, released along with the movie of the same name, scared up the charts in the 80’s. Play this song on Halloween to bring back 80’s memories and to fill up the dance floor.
- Monster Mash– Bobby “Boris” Pickett- No Halloween is complete without hearing the Monster Mash. This classic song is sure to put you in a Halloween frame of mind. This is a fun spooky song to share with the kids in your family.
- Time Warp– The Rocky Horror Picture Show– Let’s Do the Time Warp! This song, from the cult classic movie, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, will get your Halloween party guests up and out of their seats, jumping to the left and pulling their knees in tight. You know what really will drive them insane? The pelvic thrusts!
- Somebody’s Watching Me- Rockwell– This song has had a recent surge in popularity thanks to the dubious Geico commercials that feature the 80’s tune. Listen closely to the lyrics, and you find a story of a tortured man who is even afraid to shower because it reminds him too much of the movie Psycho. Hopefully he isn’t also afraid of baths and deodorant.
- Sweet Dreams- Marilyn Manson– From the Supreme Ruler of all things scary, Marilyn Manson, is the song, Sweet Dreams. A cover of the Eurythmics hit from the 80s, Marilyn Manson adds his signature macabre style to the tune.
- Hell- Squirrel Nut Zippers-This seemingly cheerful song was released during the swing-resurgence of the 1990’s. Listen closely, though, and you will find this song is a depiction of the warmer-side of the afterlife. Despite the content, one can’t help but toe-tap along with the shuddersome anthem.
- Nightmare on My Street- DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince-Before Will Smithwas the mega-super-movie star that he is today, he was half of the rapper duo, DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince. This song sets the duo up as the next victims of Freddy, the baddie from Nightmare on Elm Street.
- Men In Black- Will Smith– In his second appearance on Halloween countdown, Will Smith brings Men In Black, from the soundtrack of the Men in Black movie. This song is smooth enough to be played a sophisticated party, and silly enough to be played at a kid’s bash.
- Addams Family Theme-. Try the classic version from the 1960’s television show, or the updated Addam’s Family Groove released by MC Hammer in 1990’s. Either way, you are sure to have everyone snapping along with this Halloween favorite.